Well known as one of the top Caribbean destinations for diving, Bonaire’s wonderful climate, beautifully clear water and rich ecological diversity offer visitors an ideal location for enjoying this type of vacation experience even in winter.
Part of the Netherlands, Bonaire is one third of a group of islands called the ABC’s which also includes Aruba and Curacao in the Leeward Antilles. With an economy based predominantly on tourism, the island caters to its guests, most of whom are there to enjoy the beauty of the nearby surrounding underwater world.
A diver’s paradise, the island of Bonaire is activity promoting as well as protecting its valuable ecological diversity. Unspoiled and unique from other areas, its surrounding reef systems are monitored and protected from exploitation by a number of sanctuaries and natural areas found around the island. It is this protection that has Bonaire continuing to win awards even today, once again winning #1 ratings as a top dive destination in the Caribbean and the world.
Top dive sites can be found on all sides of the island and include sites right off shore as well as though a bit further out and even inland. From off shore snorkeling to steep cliffs reaching down into the reefs below filled with bright colors and surrounded by nothing but natures splendor, the beauty is easy to find. Of course if you prefer to spend time on land, this proud culture offers many great opportunities to enjoy the world above sea level as well. Eco tours on land, shopping, dining, historical sites, festivals and resorts are always a great way to enjoy the slower pace of life on Bonaire.
Tips To Help
- The official currency of Bonaire is the U.S. dollar
- Water on the island is distilled sea water however, bottled water is available as well.
- Medical facilities including a hyperbolic chamber are available on the island.
- A passport is required for entry as well as a return ticket.
- Though considered quite safe, remember to be smart and keep your wits about you when traveling to help ensure your safety.
- Most cell phones are compatible on the island.
- Time zone is Atlantic Standard Time or (AST).
- Tipping is expected similar to the United States.
- Average yearly temperature is 82 degrees.
Tradewinds Vacations Welcomes You To Review Top Destinations
Learn more about top destinations for travel in the U.S. and abroad with Tradewinds Vacations reviews. Review information to help you enjoy your vacation more. From when to go to what to expect, Tradewinds Vacations does the research so you don’t have to. Learn more about travel and plan your next vacation with Tradewinds Vacations and start enjoying the world around you.